Requesting pics of 266 livewell set up

Ask questions about the World Cat power catamaran!
wizness
Boat Year: 1998
Boat Model: 266 sf

Requesting pics of 266 livewell set up

Postby wizness » Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:29 pm

looking at pics of the livewell setup for a 266 sf in the port rear setup. Mine as of now just has a drain at the bottom corner and was never plumbed for a livewell. Any pics inside the livewell or your setup would be awesome. Really would like to see how the overflow is set up etc. Thanks a lot.

Wes

dicksboat
Boat Mfg: Former World Cat owner
Boat Model: Former owner 266SF

Re: Requesting pics of 266 livewell set up

Postby dicksboat » Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:29 pm

The two boxes across the stern were not live wells. They were designed as insulated storage for iced fish with a drain in the bottom. They lack a edge lip and a tight cover to prevent sloshing over.The 266SF(1998) stock live well was a 35 gallon round barrel that was contained under the helm seats console. It was fed water from a high speed clam shell pickup to a bronze seacock valve mounted on the inside port tunnel wall and accessible(with difficulty) through the inspection hatch in front of the port motor. That hose fed to the top side of the tank.This would fill the tank with new water as long as the boat was moving at speed .An overflow outlet allowed the tank to maintain about 3/4 full automatically. Upon stopping one could fill the tank from a live well pump that was inline with the same inlet hose off the one inlet seacock.The live well did not recirculate, it just overflowed through the top drain as water was added. The live well barrel also had a drain fitting in the bottom side of the barrel with a on/off inline hose valve that was cable operated .
I have sold my 266Sf so I cannot supply current detailed photos . I will go through old photos later too see if any could help you out .

wizness
Boat Model: 266 sf

Postby wizness » Wed Jun 27, 2018 4:23 pm

dicksboat wrote:The two boxes across the stern were not live wells. They were designed as insulated storage for iced fish with a drain in the bottom. They lack a edge lip and a tight cover to prevent sloshing over.The 266SF(1998) stock live well was a 35 gallon round barrel that was contained under the helm seats console. It was fed water from a high speed clam shell pickup to a bronze seacock valve mounted on the inside port tunnel wall and accessible(with difficulty) through the inspection hatch in front of the port motor. That hose fed to the top side of the tank.This would fill the tank with new water as long as the boat was moving at speed .An overflow outlet allowed the tank to maintain about 3/4 full automatically. Upon stopping one could fill the tank from a live well pump that was inline with the same inlet hose off the one inlet seacock.The live well did not recirculate, it just overflowed through the top drain as water was added. The live well barrel also had a drain fitting in the bottom side of the barrel with a on/off inline hose valve that was cable operated .
I have sold my 266Sf so I cannot supply current detailed photos . I will go through old photos later too see if any could help you out .

Thanks for the info. I have seen some worldcats with the livewell setup in the port box. I'm guessing it was done after the fact. I wish it was insulated but I figure I could plumb it and it would be better than nothing. Right now I have an aerator in there that just recirculates the water but would be nice to get fresh water in there when wanted. I haven't experienced any water sloshing out of the box yet wish is nice, however it was never more then 3/4 of the way full. This picture is confusing to me on the worldcat owners manual of where the livewell actually is but im guessing the diagram is showing it in the leaning post area where you said.
Attachments
IMG_0352.PNG

dicksboat
Boat Mfg: Former World Cat owner
Boat Model: Former owner 266SF

Postby dicksboat » Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:14 pm

Yes, that diagram is what I tried to describe. I left off the separate hose going to the wash down pump near the port battery.

CEMSGUY
Boat Year: 2001
Boat Mfg: World Cat
Boat Model: 226

Postby CEMSGUY » Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:02 am

wizness, PM me you email address and I'll send you some pictures of my boat today or tomorrow.

Basically, the livewell has a drain in the middle of the with a pvc stand-off drain. Water comes in on the port side of the livewell (on my boat there is a drilled out access hole behind the combing pads). There is not other overflow besides the stand-off pipe. The drain through hull is next to the deck drains.

On the inside of the starboard sponson (directly opposite of the raw water intake) there is a high speed pickup, with a seacock. The livewell pump (800 gph rule tournament series) is attached directly to the seacock.
2001 WC 226SF w/2014 150 E-tecs, Garmin 8212, GMR18, Furuno FCV-620 w/M260 and P66

Return to “Cat Talk”