What were they thinking?

Ask questions about the World Cat power catamaran!
Billablehours
Boat Year: 2013
Boat Mfg: World Cat
Boat Model: 290 CC

What were they thinking?

Postby Billablehours » Sat Nov 01, 2014 7:50 am

Went to the Ft. Lauderdale boat show yesterday and stopped by the WC booth. Of course, beautiful boats but what the heck with the awful ugly brown upholstery on the 295cc?? The boat has so much room and good looks until you add dark brown cushions. At a Fl. show? That stuff would be rediculously hot. Made the huge 29 look small because of the dark contrast. Those of you looking...don't be discouraged by the butt ugly selection on that boat. Whoever picked that one for the show may need to go back to marketing school.
Last edited by Billablehours on Tue Nov 04, 2014 5:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
2013 290CC. Suzuki DF250AP's
Big Pine Key and Orlando, Fl.

wdlfbio
Boat Year: 2011
Boat Model: 290C

Re: What were they thinking?

Postby wdlfbio » Mon Nov 03, 2014 10:31 pm

It's all relative. We only get to look at pictures... I bet you folks were probably wearing shorts and flip flops too :lol:
2011 290CC with twin F250s, Garmin 5212, 24HD, GHP10, and full spray curtains. Float-On HD tandem axle trailer

Billablehours

Postby Billablehours » Tue Nov 04, 2014 5:56 am

I didn't take a picture but should have. Not sure I wanted to preserve that combo for posterity.

Shorts and deck shoes not flip flops but....close. 8-)

We had a cold front come through on Sunday in the Keys. Close to a record low....in the 50's. Yea I know...that's a mean comment for some of you folks. Sailfish season should be starting soon.

Billablehours

Postby Billablehours » Tue Nov 04, 2014 7:44 am

We have not decided on an island trip for next year. We are planning on adding on to the Keys house so we may be in the middle of that project. If we don't run the boat over we still will likely go visit family on Green Turtle for at least a few weekends.

We looked at the 320EC at the show. Very nice! For us, it would be awesome in the Bahamas but the rest of the year it would be impractical. Too big for the elevator and the cabin would go to waste. We love the CC. Good luck.

Billablehours

Postby Billablehours » Tue Nov 04, 2014 2:11 pm

For just the two of you I would suggest the easiest is to get one of the Villa's at the Green Turtle Club. They are on White Sound with the dock right out front. No worries of leaving the boat since you look out your window at it. Even though I have family there we rented one twice this summer just to have our own place. Convenient, not too pricey and perfect for a couple. You can even get one side of the two bedroom villa with just one bedroom and the living room/kitchen so you have a place to cook and relax. Get a golf cart to cruise the Island and you are set.

sellis

Postby sellis » Fri Nov 07, 2014 8:55 am

Billablehours wrote:Went to the Ft. Lauderdale boat show yesterday and stopped by the WC booth. Of course, beautiful boats but what the heck with the awful ugly brown upholstery on the 295cc?? The boat has so much room and good looks until you add dark brown cushions. At a Fl. show? That stuff would be rediculously hot. Made the huge 29 look small because of the dark contrast. Those of you looking...don't be discouraged by the butt ugly selection on that boat. Whoever picked that one for the show may need to go back to marketing school.

The 295CC and 320CC are available with three different upholstry color options. The Dark tan you had seen, an all white and a combination white with lighter tan.

Billablehours

Postby Billablehours » Fri Nov 07, 2014 9:49 am

They are beautiful boats with any interior! Scott is right of course.. there are options but IMHO white looks the best, is easy to clean and stays the coolest. Different strokes for different folks. I'm sure the good folks in marketing felt there was a niche for butt ugly brown. :lol:

Return to “Cat Talk”