recovering bolsters and bench seat

Ask questions about the World Cat power catamaran!
JimC
Boat Year: 98
Boat Mfg: World Cat
Boat Model: 266 SC

Re: recovering bolsters and bench seat

Postby JimC » Wed May 07, 2008 7:33 pm

Taylor, Acne cream worked on the top side, maybe you need to try prep H for the outside :lol:
SOLD~ 98 266SC, 200 optimax's, Custom top extension, Custom dive platform w/automatic ladder, side cabin rod holders, twin transom mount, triple tank/dbl gun holder, Raymarine DS500X, 2-VHF's, Lowrance lmf-400 fuel managment

2011 AmeraCat 31 XP

Taylor
Boat Year: 2006
Boat Mfg: Worldcat
Boat Model: 250DC

Postby Taylor » Wed Jun 18, 2008 8:49 pm

Taylor wrote:Personally, I find that I hate purple mold and I'll be keeping it under control if I can.

It's time to apply some more oxy. It does appear that what I hit before is still clear and the new purple stains are in new areas. Either way, it's only 2 minutes work to put some oxy on all the new stains.
Taylor, WC250DC/150 Suzuki/2006/Garmin 3010

KJGale
Boat Year: 2005
Boat Mfg: WorldCat
Boat Model: 250sf

Postby KJGale » Mon Jun 30, 2008 4:26 pm

What ever vinyl was used in the 2005 models is awful. It looks terrible on my boat. Didn't get much help from our salesperson or Regional salesperson when I mentioned it to them, they told me it was something I did. Everyone claims what great customer service WC offers, I am not seeing it.

one4water
Boat Year: 2010
Boat Model: 2010 290 CC

Postby one4water » Sun Sep 28, 2008 9:42 pm

I see through all of this no one has come on and said anything abotu actually replacing the pads. The previous owner of my boat took a scrub brush to the tops of all my pads so they are shot. The foam is fine but the outer material is ruined. Ther eis a protective layer that has been scrubbed off so tehy are cracked and splitting after just two seasons. I need to recover or replace. The local dealer responded to my e-mails but said the covers were not available, only the complete pads. I asked the cost for them but it has been over a week and no reply.

Has anyone purchased completely new coaming pads form WC? If so, how much.
I need a full set of coaming pads and front backrest cushions for a 2006 250DC
2010 290CC
2006 250DC

Flymost

Postby Flymost » Mon Sep 29, 2008 9:30 am

I guess that I was lucky with my 2000 246DC and did not have nearly the issues I see here, but after 8 years I need to replace / recover all of my vinyl and was also wondering how much it was costing to do so.
2000 246 DC
2011 150 Suzuki's

conehead39
Boat Model: 330TE
Location: Robbies Marina, Islamorada,FL Brians home305.664.2278 w msg mach

Postby conehead39 » Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:44 am

Phyliss is out of town until Friday. 3 Oct 08.
She sent me the complete cushion , Coaming, etc list. for a 330TE

All I can say is I could not beat the factory prices. I don't know about shipping cost,since some are pretty long.

The Older WCC 330TE ,she said they may NOT have the seat and coffin box foam, but have the vinyl patterns.
She also said you could ship her the old cushion to reuse the foam if good.

We can't be down for maintenance (sending foam)being in the Charter business, so we are buying the pattern sewed vinyl for the CC seat.We will staple it /fasten it to the bases reusing our old foam.
06,33TE,F250TXR Yam,15.5x17x3w sds;bottom micron 66,2house2150Ody;start 2 Dek
ShermanTwr w cont,Lee ORig,Gar 3010wbathy,XM,440uppr.Fur 582L, B258idTD forw bilge.Sim AP16, Icom 402, Shakes 5225XPant.ACREPIRBwGPS. http://www.islamoradafishing.com

one4water

Postby one4water » Mon Sep 29, 2008 4:06 pm

conehead39 wrote:Phyliss is out of town until Friday. 3 Oct 08.
She sent me the complete cushion , Coaming, etc list. for a 330TE

All I can say is I could not beat the factory prices. I don't know about shipping cost,since some are pretty long.

The Older WCC 330TE ,she said they may NOT have the seat and coffin box foam, but have the vinyl patterns.
She also said you could ship her the old cushion to reuse the foam if good.

We can't be down for maintenance (sending foam)being in the Charter business, so we are buying the pattern sewed vinyl for the CC seat.We will staple it /fasten it to the bases reusing our old foam.

Thanks for that. I will contact Phyliss directly and see what she can come up with.
2010 290CC
2006 250DC

SeaBiscuit

Postby SeaBiscuit » Thu Oct 02, 2008 6:28 am

I paid $100.00 for a roll of vinyl that has enough to almost redo my boat twice. I found a guy in Pace, FL that had it and wanted to get rid of it. The color is alabaster which was a pretty close match to the orig. color and it also had the 4 inch pleat. Then I paid $375.00 to have the bolsters and seat recovered. Like you, I was lucky to not have the splotching problems many have reported. Mine was just worn out after seven years.
2008 270SF, 225 Yamaha's,Simrad NSS12-EVO2, 4G radar, B175M

Bigfoot2
Boat Mfg: Worldcat
Boat Model: 27te

Postby Bigfoot2 » Tue Aug 04, 2009 2:08 pm

I am shopping for a worldcat and recently looked at a used one (I forget what year - about 3 years old) , and it had those pink blotches everywhere. I was told the owner talked to worldcat about it and they said it was a known problem with a bad batch of vinyl and was replacing all of the cushions for free even though it was past the warranty, and he would have them soon..

so call your dealer and ask about it.

one4water

Postby one4water » Tue Aug 04, 2009 4:27 pm

Bigfoot2 wrote:I am shopping for a worldcat and recently looked at a used one (I forget what year - about 3 years old) , and it had those pink blotches everywhere. I was told the owner talked to worldcat about it and they said it was a known problem with a bad batch of vinyl and was replacing all of the cushions for free even though it was past the warranty, and he would have them soon..

so call your dealer and ask about it.

That is what I was told but in the end I was not covered for my 2006. Apparently the issue was fixed by then and any pink mold issue was no longer covered so make 100% sure that HIN falls within the accepted time frame or you will need to figure replacements into the cost of the boat. Not a real big deal on my end since most of mine were sun damaged with just a few pink molded ones. Though my fold down seat is in great shape except for a few pink spots. Would love to have had that taken care of. Don;' take this as a complaint, I have been happy with both WC and my dealer for the most part in handling anything I asked of them.

On a more positive note: I now have all new coaming pads and bow pads and they look great! Cost was reasonable for new I guess. It was actually cheaper than having them recovered by a local guy. The odd thing was that on a few of these I had to reposition the brackets as the mounting holes on the back did not match the original ones. Wierd but it looked like the brackets were installed using a template(saw trace marks for positioning) then moved and redrilled to fit the actuall pads. Most of the ones I had to move, I just put into the first set of holes they drilled at WC. I was a litle put off when I removed the original pads seeing that it looked like they just did a trial and error when installing the pads. Way too many extra holes. In the end though it made it easier to replace the pads since I had to use most of those first "mistake" holes. Alls well that ends well I suppose.

If you need new pads, be patient. They don;t make them constantly. You have to wait till they are making another run of them, thats what I was told anyway. Makes sense though. It took a while for mine to come in. See if your dealer can get them shipped up inside a new boat coming in for inventory. This will save you a bundle in UPS charges. Just two front cushions cost me like $80.00 for UPS ground if I remember correctly. The rest came in a boat so there was no shipping charge.
2010 290CC
2006 250DC

Return to “Cat Talk”