Difference between 290CC and new 295CC

Talk to us about products and features you'd like to see!
Billablehours
Boat Year: 2013
Boat Mfg: World Cat
Boat Model: 290 CC

Difference between 290CC and new 295CC

Postby Billablehours » Wed Feb 26, 2014 6:51 am

What are the differences? Weight? Hull design? Deck layout? Capacities? I have not seen one yet and did not get to the Miami show? Thanks
2013 290CC. Suzuki DF250AP's
Big Pine Key and Orlando, Fl.

Jcarrollgm
Boat Model: DC 2900

Re: Difference between 290CC and new 295CC

Postby Jcarrollgm » Tue Nov 24, 2015 3:19 am

I just did the Ft. Myers show where they had a new 295 on display. The layout appears to be the same. The quality of the seating has been improved. The helm and companion seats have a new design with different bolsters and thicker cushions. The rear jump seats are also improved. The bi fold door has a new locking device to prevent it from blowing open in strong head winds.
I believe the capacities remain the same as the 290's.
The big change is the shear line forward of the windshield. It is definitely lower. The last 6 inches of the sole forward is angled up slightly as the liner must sit lower in the hull due to the lowered shear line.
There appears to be a slight change in the frame work for the hard top as well.
I am told the hulls have been modified as well.
They are showing the boat with 300's as opposed to 250's. Must be a rocket ship!
Overall I would say it has been slightly improved over the 290.
I think WC is a customer driven company and would be willing to bet that the changes between the 290 and the 295 were as a result of customer feedback.
I would like to move up to the new boat but my 2013 290 has just over 300 hours so pretty hard to justify the move this year.
[b]John C
2013 WC 290 DC
2010 Regulator 26 FS
2006 Tiara 4200 Open

Billablehours

Postby Billablehours » Tue Nov 24, 2015 8:02 am

My post was from over a year ago. I have had a chance to go over the 295 since then. Personally, I'm not a fan of the new interior upholstery but to each their own. The rest of the lay out appears almost identical. I have never had an issue with my console door blowing open or otherwise so that is not an issue or me. While there may be some slight performance differences there is no way I would trade my 290 for a 295. Now a 320. Maybe.

NIGHTIDES

Postby NIGHTIDES » Tue Dec 01, 2015 9:26 pm

I'm feeling that they are going to redesign the 320CC hull and come out with a 325CC for example.

Something just tells me this has to be on their plate some how..

shinyvictor

Postby shinyvictor » Wed Feb 17, 2016 7:20 am

My boat has an elevated helm. It's about 3" off the deck. Even at 6'1" I appreciate sometimes. I could do without it, but people shorter than I would struggle with visibility, especially docking. Dot net Training in Chennai

I looked hard at the 320cc World Cat, and liked it a lot. I think it is very similar to the 290. I can't comment on the ride vs a 26, but overall I really liked the boat. Linux Training in Chennai :lol:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Salesforce Training in Chennai | Cloud Computing Training in Chennai :roll:

Severs00
Boat Year: 2016
Boat Mfg: World cat
Boat Model: 295 cc

Postby Severs00 » Mon Jul 18, 2016 5:12 pm

Well I owned a 290 for 3 years, sold it a little over a year ago. Just took delivery last month on my 295. The lay out is similar except with the hull changed it looks like they had to eliminated the storage in the front benches in the mid line ( the center hatch is gone), I miss it as it was good for lines. They got rid of the pop up fender ties, which I miss as well. The hard top now has rear legs, which really made it much sturdier ( which I appreciate). The live well drain valve is a different brand and is much easier to open and close ( at least for now while it is new). The rear jump seats now have removable back rests, so you can store them and the seat cushion, so the sun does not fade them. They also got rid of the covered electronics box at the helm where the chart plotters go ( I miss this feature as well).
The biggest difference is the ride......the boat rides in a much more level orientation, so seeing over the front end is much easier. It also planes quicker and with at least 50% less bow rise. It turns better ( still leans out unless you crank it over), as well as you can lower the trim and do a much better job of keeping the nose down if you wish. I dive with 6 guys, 18 tanks, 6 sets of dive gear and 6 spear guns....add in a full tank of gas and you have a heavy boat. The new hull seems to track less and seems to remain level better during minor steering adjustments. I only picked up about 5 miles and hour going from the 250's on my 290 to the 300's on my 295. My fuel burn is very comparable, however the 250's did slightly better on fuel.
Either way I think you would be hard pressed to find a better fishing or diving platform! The 32 is a foot wider and a real beast on the trailer. I doubt there is many places you could take a 32 that I would be afraid to follow in a 29.....
Barry Severs
Knot on Call
295cc with Yamaha 300's

Billablehours

Postby Billablehours » Mon Jul 18, 2016 9:08 pm

Thanks for the good review Barry.

I found that the four blade Power Tech props gave the stern lift the boat likes to ride more level as you suggest.

Love the features you miss except the pop up fender cleats. I don't need them on my lift and most of the time they pop up from sitting on them etc. One time I sat on one and it popped up under the bottom of my t shirt and when I slid onto the dock it darn near flipped me over. Learned a quick lesson.

Overall ya gotta love these boats.

Return to “New Product Talk”