BIG DC?

Talk to us about products and features you'd like to see!
MeanKitty
Boat Year: 2008
Boat Mfg: Hydrasports
Boat Model: 3300CC

BIG DC?

Postby MeanKitty » Mon Aug 05, 2013 6:53 am

Although my user name is new, I have been an active WC forum participant for about 8 years (I just forgot my password, changed my email address, and a new account seemed easier).

I am beginning the process of looking for my next boat and I'm back looking at WC's. Having had a big CC for 6 years, I'm not sure I want to go that route again. We are mostly social boaters (not fishing), and the lack of seating is a problem. Also, the 320CC doesn't really have a convenient way to "button up" quickly in foul weather or for cooler days in the the Spring/Fall (I'm in NE).

I think the idea boat would be something built on the 33 platform (although the 32 might do), that was a more of a serious DC that had the sort of top, window, and center door gear that could easily and neatly be buttoned up when necessary (I'm not sure the 290 is a serious DC and for me, it's small). This configuration would be an ideal social boat for 8-10 people with 3 seating spaces; a U or L bench near the helm, bench seating in the stern, and the kind of great bow "pit" that only a cat can provide.

On warm summer days it could easily handle 8-10, but could also comfortably keep 6 (8?) out of the weather if necessary. Although far from ideal, the Grady White Freedom 37 come close (http://www.gradywhite.com/375) to what I'm thinking (although all that berth below stuff seems like a waste).

Have you ever considered building such a boat?

Grady seems to be selling a lot of these for big bucks and they still stink in heavy seas...

sellis

Re: BIG DC?

Postby sellis » Tue Aug 06, 2013 12:03 pm

Currently working on a possible design for the DC model on the 32 hull platform. A lot of people are asking for the same features you just mentioned.
stay Tuned! BTW what was your old Username?

MeanKitty

Postby MeanKitty » Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:35 am

I think I went by both DaveHorne and Wildehouse.

I was actually so ready to buy a DC 290 in 2008 that I named by 33' monohull "Mean Kitty":

Atlantic Boats arranged for us to get a sneak peak before the Boston Boat Show debut and we got turned off. Not only was too small, but the style was not World Cat (more Formula). I hope that you're thinking about the kind of top, window, center door configuration that the GW 37 has; again, something that looks sharp, but can get buttoned up quickly without a lot of plastic when the weather turns. Ideally, the curtains should be able to roll up out-of-sight when not in use.

Anyway, thanks for listening -- if you build it, I'll call it "Mean Kitty 2.0!"

MeanKitty

Postby MeanKitty » Fri Aug 30, 2013 5:38 am

I have been looking at the DC 290 critically and I think I've put my finger on the problem. The hard-top was designed strictly for sun protection, not weather. You have dealers and customers in northern climates who who appreciate and option other than an EC for Spring and Autumn boating. This is not a sun top, but something the GW 375 with roll-up/roll-down side curtains. If you're smart, you'll design side curtain storage into the hardtop.

aleeza
Boat Year: 1999
Boat Mfg: bvghv
Boat Model: 12lk

Postby aleeza » Mon Dec 22, 2014 6:29 am

I'm buying a boat soon and want to know the fishing devices I can purchase to inform me when the fish is presence around my boat. I need to make money to payoff my boat, gas and fishing equipments. Can anyone help?
sara

Return to “New Product Talk”