Twin Trim - Very cool

Talk to us about products and features you'd like to see!
beach_trade

Re: Twin Trim - Very cool

Postby beach_trade » Thu May 13, 2010 8:19 am

conehead39 wrote:We need a refereral blog.
1. I would BUY a twintrim
2. I would probably buy a twin trim at a later date
3. i don't have a clue
4. I probably will not buy a twin trim in the future
5. I will NOT buy a twin trim.

Everyone step up to the plate and vote.
Votes must be in by 1 june 2010.

I wouldn't even consider buying it.

It seems pointless to me. With my yammies I have a throttle mounted trim switch that trims both motors and individual switches between the throttles. You just rest your hand in the space between the throttles and adjust the trim accordingly. I normally make only long runs, 60-90 miles and trim the boat for best economy and ride which as everyone knows is usually waaay up. No need to make sudden trim adjustments to turn and since the boat is trimmed out properly it won't catch a sponson or dig in. ymmv.

sellis

Postby sellis » Thu May 13, 2010 8:38 am

conehead39 wrote:After re reading all the WC and The Hull Truth ,this my opinion.
If you want better manuevarability then buy and install the ~$600 ,according to( Harry).
If you are happy with your present maneuvarability then don't buy it.(Beast)

We have two old forum members Harry and Beast in different corners.
We also have new members Phdoerner FOR it and Gators 2000 AGAINST it.

My only experience is I saw the small trim stick on the WC 320CC at the Miami boat show.
Scott Ellis did not use it; however later he told our group of 6 that he was going to make a sharp left turn.
He pulled back on the left throttle and used the throttle trim switch. It turned quickly 180 degrees without any yawing or leaning toward the outside of the turn.

I have reviewed the WC standard equipment list for various boats,,,it is not mentioned. Likewise not mentioned in optional equipment.

So,make up your own mind..... As far as spamming I could care less. However the basic instructions for the forum forbid selling items.
He is NOT quoting a price and it is for sale for X amount. He is offering information about his product.
I have NOT seen it enforced. Whe have a web site link (islamoradafishing.com)on our replies. that helps make future charters.
We paid dearly to have it created.We wanted one that could be edited easily.We own the domain name thanks to Brian's younger (IT)brother.
the hull truth has numerous gray area spamming like 40 foot monster Freeman,etc.He is a small company and some people are interested.

Conehead39
When I make a sharp turn at low speed I back down with both throttles and I trim both engines down. I normally don't play with one engine higher or lower or play with the throttles. I apply this to all models not just the bigger hulls.

Gators2000
Boat Year: 2015
Boat Mfg: World Cat
Boat Model: 295 CC

Postby Gators2000 » Thu May 13, 2010 10:35 am

conehead39 wrote:PFA,
Beast said I would probably not buy it and got hosed up oneside and down the other.
he said i would rather purchase some other boating items ,like auto pilot,props,electronics,etc.
therefore Gators 2000 you must not have any creditability in your similar statement. what would expect from a UF fan anyway. ;)

We need a refereral blog.
1. I would BUY a twintrim
2. I would probably buy a twin trim at a later date
3. i don't have a clue
4. I probably will not buy a twin trim in the future
5. I will NOT buy a twin trim.

Everyone step up to the plate and vote.
Votes must be in by 1 june 2010.

I guess I'd go with #3. My point was I have a number of other "toys" that I would add before spending money on TT. Who knows what happens in the future. Best of luck to them though. One day, I may look into it.
2015 World Cat 295 CC w/ Twin Yamaha 300's

The BEAST
Boat Year: 2007
Boat Mfg: WorldCat
Boat Model: 330TE
Location: Beast Fishing Charters -- www.beastcharter.com -- Miami, Florida

Postby The BEAST » Thu May 13, 2010 11:25 am

conehead39 wrote:If you are happy with your present maneuvarability then don't buy it.(Beast)

Quit stirring the shit pot, Ken! That is not what I said!

This is the last reply I have to this. I said that I didn't understand all the fascination with it. In simple laymans terms... I think it is impractical for someone who primarily runs offshore, which is what I believe the majority of the owners do. I could care less who or how many people purchase one. Hey get one for your neighbor if you like! If you have some money laying around gathering dust these days and you want a nifty little gadget, well there ya go!

As far as the 320 coming with it as standard equipment... I'm not so sure about that either, Ken. I don't think the new one sitting in Ft. lauderdale for delivery had one on it.

As far as that little trick that Scott did. He had shown me that maneuver on a 270TE way back when it was the Top Dawg WC. Since then I have refined the technique to fit my boat and driving technique. On the 330 I can be cruising at 30 mph, bang the wheel hard over full, peg both throttles and do a bat turn with only a boat length of green water inside the circle. The boat banks hard to the inside with no special trim needed other than lowering the trim as you go around the turn,to power out of the manuever. Many people who test rode with me at the 05 Miami boat show got to experience it.

chuckd,

C'mon man... tirades? In the last couple years the majority of my posts have been fishing reports and a few upbeat replies and helpful posts here and there.

You are absoultely correct! This forum originated as an owners forum where owners and suspected buyers can come to find helpful information about their boats. This further enhances the enjoyment that they have by owning a World Cat. If you have a question all you have to do is ask.

Now, let's all get realistic. Do I need this forum? Not really. I know my boat inside and out. I have donated my time, posting on this forum, answering PM's or emails, and gladly fielding phone calls, with absolutely no gratuity or agenda. Why do I bother? I used to get enjoyment out of helping others enjoy their boats. I'm not too sure of that anymore! Voicing an honest opinion surely doesn't warrant the BS conflict and character assassination I got in return. Do I need this? Absolutely not. Especially not from someone that is using this forum as a form of infomercial, soley with an agenda to market a product. There is no gray area between the members discussing or recommending a product and someone posting about his product solely to generate sales. It is clearly against forum policy and conehead called him on it from his very first post back in 2008.

It's YOUR forum. If you guys willingly entertain and condone that sort of product pimping on your forum... Enjoy!
Boat: 07/330TE Motors: Zuke 300 Outriggers:18' Lee Sidewinder-12' Lee C/rigger Navigation: 2-Garmin 3210 Depth finder: GSD 22-1KW/M260 Radar: GMR18 4KW Communication: Standard-Horizon VHF Music: Sony 200W AM/FM/CD, mp3 input, 4 Sony speakers

chuckd
Boat Year: 2006
Boat Mfg: World Cat
Boat Model: 320EC

Postby chuckd » Thu May 13, 2010 9:42 pm

Ok, maybe tirades was incorrect. How about "fiesty posts" or "fiery posts". Don't get upset, I actually enjoy the excitement when you get all worked up. I like people like you Beast, it's all up front. No need to worry about you saying something behind my back when you'll just say it to my face.

And we both love to fish and love our World Cats. Someday I'll buy you a couple beers. I owe you at least that for all the boating and fishing knowledge I've gained reading your posts.

Looking forward to the summer fishing reports.

Charlie
**FOR SALE** 2006 WC 320EC, Suzuki DF300s, 1000hrs, Garmin 4212 Network (radar/XM weather/sounder), Furuno FCV-1100 FF, Humminbird 976 SI, Gladiator TR-1 AP, Standard Horizon VHF...

jfraleigh
Boat Year: 1996
Boat Model: SabreCat

Postby jfraleigh » Thu May 13, 2010 11:58 pm

A few of the last systems shipped to the factory went without the joystick, if it has DF 300's and has dual throttle trim switches then it has TT, if not then that is a boat waiting for one of the 2 units they have on back order do to a back order on connectors.
WC is introducing the system to there dealers on the 320cc, and waiting for feedback on the concept as to deicide where else to use it in there product line.
320CC is the most state of the art cat and they wanted it to have all the bells and whistles.

CapedCat
Boat Year: 2005
Boat Model: 250SF

Postby CapedCat » Fri May 14, 2010 4:45 am

CC
'05 250SF, Suz 140s, Jack Plates, 2 3010Cs w/XM Wthr & Radio, GSD22, Sony, EPIRB, S1000AP, Removeable Baitwell on Swim Platform, 600' on Plow Anchor, 300' on Grapnel, Windlass, 26 Vert Rod Holders total (7 removeable), SMIS NMEA 2000, 1KW TM258

jfraleigh
Boat Year: 1996
Boat Model: SabreCat

Postby jfraleigh » Sat May 15, 2010 6:21 am

sellis wrote:
conehead39 wrote:After re reading all the WC and The Hull Truth ,this my opinion.
If you want better manuevarability then buy and install the ~$600 ,according to( Harry).
If you are happy with your present maneuvarability then don't buy it.(Beast)

We have two old forum members Harry and Beast in different corners.
We also have new members Phdoerner FOR it and Gators 2000 AGAINST it.

My only experience is I saw the small trim stick on the WC 320CC at the Miami boat show.
Scott Ellis did not use it; however later he told our group of 6 that he was going to make a sharp left turn.
He pulled back on the left throttle and used the throttle trim switch. It turned quickly 180 degrees without any yawing or leaning toward the outside of the turn.

I have reviewed the WC standard equipment list for various boats,,,it is not mentioned. Likewise not mentioned in optional equipment.

So,make up your own mind..... As far as spamming I could care less. However the basic instructions for the forum forbid selling items.
He is NOT quoting a price and it is for sale for X amount. He is offering information about his product.
I have NOT seen it enforced. Whe have a web site link (islamoradafishing.com)on our replies. that helps make future charters.
We paid dearly to have it created.We wanted one that could be edited easily.We own the domain name thanks to Brian's younger (IT)brother.
the hull truth has numerous gray area spamming like 40 foot monster Freeman,etc.He is a small company and some people are interested.

Conehead39
When I make a sharp turn at low speed I back down with both throttles and I trim both engines down. I normally don't play with one engine higher or lower or play with the throttles. I apply this to all models not just the bigger hulls.

When scott hit the port throttle trim switch, that was also the roll control input for the Twin Trim system, It is interfaced into both the joystick and throttle mounted switchs

sellis

Postby sellis » Sat May 15, 2010 7:15 am

Jfraleigh
As I said earlier I trim both engines down before starting a turn. I was NOT using the roll function of the trim trim system and I normaly don't have one engine higher than the other. I also do not use more outside or inside throttle I just TURN the wheel it's that simple.
Scott

The BEAST
Boat Year: 2007
Boat Model: 330TE
Location: Beast Fishing Charters -- www.beastcharter.com -- Miami, Florida

Postby The BEAST » Sun May 16, 2010 5:43 pm

Scott,

If Jeff ("frayed") gets his itinerary set to come down to do a charter/sea trial, he will get a real eye opener. A full day on a 330TE with the only options on it being a windlass, swim platform, onboard battery charger (which I never use), and of course the T-top.

Uh oh!!!! I feel a bat turn coming on!
Boat: 07/330TE Motors: Zuke 300 Outriggers:18' Lee Sidewinder-12' Lee C/rigger Navigation: 2-Garmin 3210 Depth finder: GSD 22-1KW/M260 Radar: GMR18 4KW Communication: Standard-Horizon VHF Music: Sony 200W AM/FM/CD, mp3 input, 4 Sony speakers

Return to “New Product Talk”