Twin Trim - Very cool

Talk to us about products and features you'd like to see!
jfraleigh
Boat Year: 1996
Boat Model: SabreCat

Re: Twin Trim - Very cool

Postby jfraleigh » Tue May 11, 2010 1:00 pm

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5940
A link to the review of the system on a 330 by a long time member

Conehead, I sent you an email

Jim,
In our phone conversation late last year You apologized to me for the how hard you were on my product when I had first introduced it on this site last year
Opinions should be based on at least 5 minutes of first hand experience.
I am not questioning you boating experience or knowledge, Or your time on cat's
But please stop turning your assumption of something you have never tried into negative comments about Twin Trim.
I had offered you a free trial of the system and a bargain basement price if you so chose to keep it after testing.
You told me it wasn't worth your effort to have to remove it and send it back because you already new that you did not need it.
That told me that if it wasn't free you were not interested,
I called and left messages when I was in your area with an equipped boat last year so you could go for a ride, never heard back.
I was not doing this for a sale, but to introduce you to something that (if you ask customers) is very beneficial to a cat operator.
It is not going to change the boats characteristics, But it does allow you a tremendous amount of instant control that was before unattainable.
This is about HOW YOU INTERFACE with your boat.
It seems that you would prefer to put ANYTHING else available on your boat except for this, that's fine, no problem.
But for everyone else who may have interest we understand how you feel about it.
I offended you with my response, Sorry
Maybe you should search your post's on this topic and see what your general tone has been in ALL of them (negative)
Let's just agree to disagree, And you can ignore everything else about this subject from here on out.
It's a big forum
John

Livewire
Boat Year: 2018
Boat Mfg: World Cat
Boat Model: 295

Postby Livewire » Tue May 11, 2010 6:10 pm

phdoerner wrote:I am the owner of a 2008 32 EC. At this years Miami boat show I Sea trialed the new 32 CC with Scott Ellis. Boat ran great. On that boat was a beta unit for single control of trim (dual up, dual down, roll port, roll starboard, etc) made by Twin Trim. I was impressed by the Trim control and ordered one for my 32 EC. When it arrived, it took me a couple of hours to install it on my Suzuki electronic controls. It was fairly simple to do as much of the install was plug and play. Once installed it was time to run my boat with the Twin Trim unit. John Fraleigh (inventer and manufacturer) talked me through what I should expect in running my boat with the Twin Trim and its added capabilities. I ran it a few weeks ago in my home waters on the West coast of Florida, first in flat water and a week later in Rougher (3-4's) water. It handles smoother and is faster and tighter thru the turns than my previous set up. John was correct when he advisesd me that it may take a little bit to get used to. After a few hours of seat time however, I am very comfortable and love the system. The ability to level my boat with one touch in changing sea conditions is a joy. Also, no longer do I need to look down to adjust the trim one button at a time on the dash mouted Suzuki single trim controls. I dont have/need tabs on my boat, but for those that do, the Twin Trim module will control them as well in conjuction with the motors. For those that may have an interest, i suggest you call John and discuss your current set up and needs. His website is twintrimusa.com.

This looks and smells like "SPAM" , for a first time poster; no introduction, no boat information, and pushing this equipment. Me think SPAM! He basically wrote the same thing on THT forum.
Pedro Sarabia
"Livewire"

2001 266 SF / Twin 150 HPDI

jfraleigh

Postby jfraleigh » Tue May 11, 2010 6:32 pm

I asked peter to post his thoughts of the system here and on the hull truth as he own's a larger model World Cat,
and we have some threads working on both sites
I have asked all of the people who have purchased systems under a special offer that we ran to post there reviews,
Most of them were sent up north and the boats have not hit the water yet
I did not know he would cut and paste the review from here to the other site

conehead39
Boat Year: 2006
Boat Model: 330TE
Location: Robbies Marina, Islamorada,FL Brians home305.664.2278 w msg mach

Postby conehead39 » Tue May 11, 2010 6:50 pm

Welcome aboard new World Cat forum members, phdoerner.
Please fill out your SIGNATURE , so we can readily determine your model boat,engines,and accessories in the future.
gators 2000,thanks for your signature ,however it is a little brief. Look at Harrys, Beast ,and Coneheads and abbreviate accordingly.
We can't help in some cases w/o more info.
06,33TE,F250TXR Yam,15.5x17x3w sds;bottom micron 66,2house2150Ody;start 2 Dek
ShermanTwr w cont,Lee ORig,Gar 3010wbathy,XM,440uppr.Fur 582L, B258idTD forw bilge.Sim AP16, Icom 402, Shakes 5225XPant.ACREPIRBwGPS. http://www.islamoradafishing.com

conehead39

Postby conehead39 » Wed May 12, 2010 9:55 am

After re reading all the WC and The Hull Truth ,this my opinion.
If you want better manuevarability then buy and install the ~$600 ,according to( Harry).
If you are happy with your present maneuvarability then don't buy it.(Beast)

We have two old forum members Harry and Beast in different corners.
We also have new members Phdoerner FOR it and Gators 2000 AGAINST it.

My only experience is I saw the small trim stick on the WC 320CC at the Miami boat show.
Scott Ellis did not use it; however later he told our group of 6 that he was going to make a sharp left turn.
He pulled back on the left throttle and used the throttle trim switch. It turned quickly 180 degrees without any yawing or leaning toward the outside of the turn.

I have reviewed the WC standard equipment list for various boats,,,it is not mentioned. Likewise not mentioned in optional equipment.

So,make up your own mind..... As far as spamming I could care less. However the basic instructions for the forum forbid selling items.
He is NOT quoting a price and it is for sale for X amount. He is offering information about his product.
I have NOT seen it enforced. Whe have a web site link (islamoradafishing.com)on our replies. that helps make future charters.
We paid dearly to have it created.We wanted one that could be edited easily.We own the domain name thanks to Brian's younger (IT)brother.
the hull truth has numerous gray area spamming like 40 foot monster Freeman,etc.He is a small company and some people are interested.
Last edited by conehead39 on Wed May 12, 2010 10:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
ShermanTwr w cont,Lee ORig,Gar 3010wbathy,XM,440uppr.Fur 582L, B258idTD forw bilge.Sim AP16, Icom 402, Shakes 5225XPant.ACREPIRBwGPS. http://www.islamoradafishing.com

Gators2000
Boat Year: 2015
Boat Model: 295 CC

Postby Gators2000 » Wed May 12, 2010 10:14 am

"We also have new members Phdoerner FOR it and Gators 2000 AGAINST it."

This thread is getting interesting :)

To be clear, I would not say I'm against it. I don't know enough about it to say that I'm for or against it really. What I said was I believe it is not really necessary in order to have your boat perform well. In my mind it is an option; like radar, gps, outriggers, ect… The truth is I’ve only been driving a Cat for a couple months now. All my previous capt. exp was on Mono’s. That being said, I think I can maneuver the boat pretty well and I have a number of other things on my list of things to get before I spend $600 on a different trim system. Not because I think it doesn’t work; rather because I’m comfortable with the way it performs now. Anything more would simply be icing.

Conehead – I’ll look into the sig thing!
2015 World Cat 295 CC w/ Twin Yamaha 300's

conehead39

Postby conehead39 » Wed May 12, 2010 3:53 pm

PFA,
Beast said I would probably not buy it and got hosed up oneside and down the other.
he said i would rather purchase some other boating items ,like auto pilot,props,electronics,etc.
therefore Gators 2000 you must not have any creditability in your similar statement. what would expect from a UF fan anyway. ;)

We need a refereral blog.
1. I would BUY a twintrim
2. I would probably buy a twin trim at a later date
3. i don't have a clue
4. I probably will not buy a twin trim in the future
5. I will NOT buy a twin trim.

Everyone step up to the plate and vote.
Votes must be in by 1 june 2010.

chuckd
Boat Model: 320EC

Postby chuckd » Wed May 12, 2010 8:16 pm

Here's my .02.

A- I don't think the 33te, 320ec, or 32cc need any additional trim help. I keep my motors trimmed equally up/down depending on load/fuel/seas. No side to side adjustment needed, I believe due to the beam. And it leans into turns fine.

2- after reading about and riding a little bit in a 27sd, I believe the 27s and 25s would benefit from the Twin Trim system. And I will test drive it if/when I buy a 270SD.

D- I don't mind free advertising on forums. I know forum owners make money from advertising like THT and Scubaboard. But these forums are for us the user, to share experiences and help each other. I value the presentation of new products and of peoples opinions of them. Even peoples opinions who haven't tried the product, as long as it's an honest opinion.

Most of the guys here appreciate the Beast, and know to take his tirades with a grain of salt. It is what it is.

I say: good luck with the new product, I believe there is a niche market for it. And I look forward to trying it out someday.

Charlie
**FOR SALE** 2006 WC 320EC, Suzuki DF300s, 1000hrs, Garmin 4212 Network (radar/XM weather/sounder), Furuno FCV-1100 FF, Humminbird 976 SI, Gladiator TR-1 AP, Standard Horizon VHF...

The BEAST
Boat Year: 2007
Boat Mfg: WorldCat
Location: Beast Fishing Charters -- www.beastcharter.com -- Miami, Florida

Postby The BEAST » Wed May 12, 2010 8:57 pm

jfraleigh wrote:Beast,
Every time you get a chance you bash my product.....
Have you tried it? NO.....
WHY?
I offered you a demo but because if you wanted to keep it you would have had to pay for it and it's apparent you only endorse products that are given to you for free
As you did with the steering system you were given that you told me about on the phone.......
If it is such a bad idea why is it STANDARD on the new 320cc???????
I'll tell you why
BECAUSE IT WORKS
You are the only person who continually objects to Twin Trim, everybody that has one likes it,
They all have an open ended invitation to return it if they don't, and they have not, WHY?
Because it works
If it was such a waste of time as you claim why are you the only one with an issue,
But they also were willing to spend a little bit of money on some American Ingenuity.
They also had an open enough mind to step back and THINK about it instead of simply shooting there mouth off.
I understand, there's one in every crowd
To everyone else I apologize for this post,
And to my customers
I Thank You for foresight and wisdom

Beast,
I understand your uneducated thoughts on this and so does everyone else
I respectfully request you keep them to yourself until you actually
TRY IT

John Fraleigh
Twin Trim USA

OK Mr. Fraleigh, I refrained from answering any of your posts until I had time to research ALL of my posts regarding your Twin Trim units. NOW I'M CALLING BS!!!!

You jumped all over me with demeaning and derrogatory remarks that were unfounded. Well here ya go Mate!

Until this thread, I made a total of 4 posts out of all the threads that you have participated in with mention of twin trim. All of which were polite and even apologetic.

I made 3 posts on this thread in Feb of 2008 (your first thread)

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5047

I made 1 post on this thread in Oct of 2009

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5931

I respectfully ask everyone to re-read his quote then read these threads. You can judge for yourself exactly what I wrote concerning his product. It is funny that it is almost verbatim to what I wrote in this thread.

Mr. Fraleigh... You're a real piece of work!
Boat: 07/330TE Motors: Zuke 300 Outriggers:18' Lee Sidewinder-12' Lee C/rigger Navigation: 2-Garmin 3210 Depth finder: GSD 22-1KW/M260 Radar: GMR18 4KW Communication: Standard-Horizon VHF Music: Sony 200W AM/FM/CD, mp3 input, 4 Sony speakers

jfraleigh

Postby jfraleigh » Wed May 12, 2010 11:23 pm

Jim
I read my post a number of times, and sent it to a few friends,
I went some what overboard towards you.
I apologize
I could have phrased a number of things better
I am not an avid blogger or forum user so my etiquette may be a bit rough
Also I live on the Gulf coast in Mississippi,
We saw our home's and towns destroyed by Katrina
4 1/2 years later rebuilt to maybe 40% of what we had here we go again.
And now our economy and lively hoods face uncertain but assured destruction,
We just don't know for how long, month, year, decade.....
I am an active member of the hancock county EOC and have been in hazmat and hazwoper classes 12 hours a day for the last five days
And on 24 hour call along with my wife since this well popped it's top
Needless to say everyone's nerve's are shot to hell.
Maybe some day when all this is over we can have ourselves a beer summit and drown some bait
John

Return to “New Product Talk”