New build! 266SC

Talk to us about products and features you'd like to see!
Gabriel1723
Boat Year: 1998
Boat Mfg: World cat
Boat Model: 266 sc

New build! 266SC

Postby Gabriel1723 » Wed Nov 30, 2016 4:10 pm

Hello all,
Well after a few months, im happy to say im a world cat owner. :D I sold my 26' prokat earlier this year with the hopes of finding a world cat SC hull, and a couple weeks ago i found a 1998 SC hull with no motors/rigging, top, windshield, or trailer for a great deal. Perfect for me, because i was planning on stripping my next boat and building it from the ground up. After about a week of scouring through this wonderful forum (thank all you guys for the wealth of info on here available) i started the tear down. (I am amazed at the condition of the gel coat and lack of stress cracks from an 18 year old boat!)

-took out the gas tanks, hatches, lids, thru hulls, and everything out. (I placed my order from gemlux 2-3 days ago for all new latches and hardware.)
- cleaning the gas tanks this weekend. (they were in surprisingly great shape for original tanks, i was amazed!)
- Cleaned and painted the area where the gas tanks go
- will be replacing all new gas/ bilge/drain hoses this week.

I plan on buying some new yamaha or suzuki 4 stroke 175s or 200s, but thats later down the line in the build.
Now here come the questions.

- If anyone is selling or know of a place i can get a nice windshield or top, please let me know...
- There are two tanks that can be seen in front of the gas tanks. are these both freshwater tanks?
- the boat also did not come with leaning post/livewell. Any recommendations on where to get one/ or should i make the large storage near the transom a giant livewell? and just buy a regular leaning post.
- What do you guys have in terms of battery situation- 2 starting and 1 house?
- any other recommendations? Im all ears!

Thanks in advance, i cant tell you how excited i am to build this bad boy

Return to “New Product Talk”